Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday Night OUT!

My best friend from work, Pat, and I often talk about going out for drinks after work.............but we never do! We talked about it yesterday and sort of planned to do it this evening but didn't talk about it during the day today. Jean and I had gonr for a brisk 2 mile walk sort of late this afternoon, about 4:15 and when I returned to my office, I saw a missed call from Pat. She didn't leave a message and I figured it was about going out so I popped over to the lab to discuss it. She thought I had forgotten and wasn't going to mention it unless I did. But we made plans and invited Jean. We all met at the Carolina Ale House at 6 pm at the old Southsquare Mall area. We had wine and nachos and a lot of good laughs and good conversation.

So now that we have finally done it, we have vowed to do something like this at least once a month and invite some other close friends to join us. We plan to take turns planning an event. I am suggesting that we shoot for the second Tuesday of each month. maybe we should call ourselves "The Second Tuesday Club?"

Things I am grateful for:
1) great girlfriends that I have known for twenty years!
2) Sam's club..........paper plates at a cheap price
3) vests....helps keep me warm at work

No comments: