Monday, November 10, 2008

Another New Recipe

I feel like I hardly cook anymore! It's mostly just the two of us and if Alex is here, he doesn't join us often. Therefore, we can try new and interesting things that kids usually don't like. Jim has found us another recipe to try and so after I ran a bunch of errands I called him to find out what we needed. It was a longer list than I could remember and I was driving and its a good idea to keep at least one hand on the wheel so he emailed it to me and I got it on my Blackberry. That's a convenient grocery list!

German Pork Chops:
8 pork chops
salt and pepper
Lawry's Seasoning Salt
3 medium apples
cinnamon sugar
32 oz Sauerkraut
3/4 cup raisins

Layer pork chops in a baking dish, season to taste with salt, pepper and seasoning salt. (I didn't use any salt, just the Lawry's)
Slice apples and layer over the meat. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Drain the Sauerkraut and reserve the juice for later. Spread the kraut over the apples. Add the raisins. The pour the kraut juice over it all. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.



My gratitude list for Sunday:
1) new towels.......on sale at LNT
2) black running pants........comfy to go anywhere
3) Jenni moving to Apex...............closer to me so I can pop over there quickly to see her paint job in her living room!

Gratitude list for Monday:
1) my Nike Plus to track my walk/runs
2) crisp salads............great for lunch
3) beautiful sunsets...........over Jordan lake

No comments: