Thursday, May 28, 2009

Garmin Forerunner 405

I have an ipod and a Nike plus thingy to track my distance and pace while I run but sometimes it just doesn't work too good..........quits for no reason. Plus since I run/walk/run, the calibration is different. I have a longer stride length when I walk so it records a lesser mileage. I have been wanting a Garmin Forerunner for a while now. And my good runner girl friend, Joyce WON, yes WON one and she inspired me to go for it!

I had some gift cards from Dick's Sporting Goods left over from Christmas and I recently had a birthday, ok, yesterday, and I got some gift cards from the hubby and my youngest son Alex and money from my daughter. Additionally, I had a $20 off card I got in the mail. So, I bee-bopped down to Dick's after lunch and bought one. Oh yeah, it had a $50 rebate and the nice guy at the register just took it right off the total and credited it back to my credit card.



It's a little difficult to navigate but I am getting used to it. The easiest part was just to press start and go! I'll get to the details later! I downloaded it to the Garmin website and then even exported it as a .tcx file and imported that into mapmyrun.com. Are you confused now?

2 comments:

Joyce Mineer said...

First, and most importantly...ahem..."Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy BIRTHDAY dear Marianne, happy birthday to you"!!!! (That me singing by the way!).

And congratulations!!! Yes!!!! I am so happy for you!!! What a purchase! Now, don't ask me how to use the thing - I just push start and stop and then download the info using the USB thingy! You getting your map downloaded to mapmyrun is WAY beyond my knowledge - okay, willingness to learn!

Enjoy your new toy!!! Oh, one more thing. If you go under a bridge or "thick" overpass, sometimes the watch will "auto pause" - it just loses the satellite signal. But it will pick itself back up again.

You will love it! Enjoy it! I am SUPER happy for you!!

Birthday hugs!!!

Karen said...

Hey Marianne! Happy Birthday from me too....I won't even try to pretend to sing it for you though...my tune-bucket is very holey!!

Toy looks neat - what will they come up with next?

Have you read your book yet? I assume my book will be waiting on me when I get back home - see ya soon! K