Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Different Girls' Weekend In Williamsburg!

First a little bit of history here! My friend for almost 20 years has had a girls' weekend in Williamsburg for about the same number of years. After moving to North Carolina from Pennsylvania, that was a way to reconnect with her friends. I have gone with her for several years now and we have extended the invitation to the second generation. My daughter Jenni started joining us when she was a student at Virginia Tech in Blackburg and Pat's daughter Hilary comes too! We always go for a weekend close to the end of October, but Jenni and I were there this weekend.

Jenni's roommate from college is getting married on May 30th. She grew up in Herndon, Virginia, but her parents moved to Williamsburg when she was in college. One of her mom's new friends gave her a bridal shower this weekend so Jenni and I went...........................without Pat and Nancy and Carolyn and Hilary! We had fun and were really busy, but we missed them. Everywhere we went, we said "there's our Friday's!"; "there's our outlets!"; "there's our Christmas Mouse!" We have evn planned what we will buy in October when we go back with Pat and the others. Hopefully we will be buying maternity and baby stuff! Oh, not for me LOL~!

Jenni and Stephanie and the "out of towners" for her shower!

My beautiful daughter, Jenni! We have so much fun together. I am so glad she lives only 12 miles from me!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Hey Marianne, looks like a fun time - everyone is all smiles!

And of course, your daughter is beautiful!! You are BOTH lucky!

I forgot you won't be there for the next book club....but you'll be having a good time anyway.

See ya! K

Mary Tysinger said...

Marianne,
Of course your daughter,also my granddaughter. is beautiful!! And so are you!! I think it's in your genes!
Love from your Mommy

Mary Tysinger said...

Marianne,
Of course your daughter,also my granddaughter. is beautiful!! And so are you!! I think it's in your genes!
Love from your Mommy

Just Marianne said...

Three generations of all that beauty! LOL