Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Fun-filled Weekend!

This weekend was one of the few weekends that I have spent at home lately and it was still a fun and busy weekend! No laying around the house for me!

On Saturday, my daughter Jenni and I, had massages at The Spa at Bell House. Now if you don't know about this little gem in Pittsboro you must check it out. My good friend, Pat Staley, opened it up in November. No economic downturn for that business! Check out the website at http://www.spaatbellhouse.com/

Then we met up with her friend Tara and her "mommy" for a "mommy lunch" at California Pizza Kitchen at Southpoint Mall. You're probably thinking there must be a story here................well there is. You see, Tara and Jenni are turning 28 and 30, respectively, this week and they BOTH still call their maternal parental unit "mommy!"

Then Jenni and I shopped at the mall, hitting up Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic and Talbots! She was pre-spending her birthday money and helping me spend mine. Then she dropped me off so she could get home for a birthday dinner with Tara and their hubbies. Jim and I grilled a pork loin and sorta chilled in front of the TV, watching a Pay Per View movie, Bride Wars. It was funny!

When I first woke up this morning, it was not looking like a good boating day but by 11 or 12, the sun peeked out. Zack and Amanda came over and invited us out for a lil boat ride. Zack bought a classic 1972 Sidewinder a few months ago and keeps it at my house. too bad I don't have a car to pull it with!



We went down to Vista Point and put it in and "flew" down to the dam. That baby will fly!


Then we headed out to Redneck Cove, dropped anchor, swam a lil and just sat in the boat, listening to other people's music. On the way back, we were discussing what to have for dinner and invited Zack and Amanda to stay. They said yes! You see, Amanda is in graduate school for Nurse Anesthesia and now just has rotations for the summer. During the academic year, she had classes and rotations and studies so hard, we hardly ever saw them.

So off to Food Lion we went to get meat, hot dogs and buns and the fixins.

It was awesome to spend the weekend with two of my kids. Oh yeah, the other lives with me so I see him everyday! Plus, we will all be getting together on Tuesday at Jenni and Ben's for her 28th birthday!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey Marianne - looked like fun - loved the "mommy" lunch....you are one lucky "mommy" !

K