Saturday, June 20, 2009

At The Monk......................30 Years Later!

Today I drove to my hometown of Lexington, NC and met some friends from high school that I haven't seen in over 30 years! We have reconnected on FaceBook. I wonder if I wouldn't have met them if FaceBook hadn't reintroduced me to them?

Who are these old people?

The Monk is a BarBQue Restaurant in Lexington where we used to hang out in High School after ballgames and at lunch. Remember, back in the day, we used to could leave school to go to lunch! A few of us met to plan an "unofficial class reunion" for the classes of the 70's! Probably the weekend after Labor Day at the Holiday Inn in Lexington and just hang around the pool and chit chat, no loud music to get in the way and get a hospitality room for drinks and hob-nobbing. Maybe we will get a winery tour at Childress Winery next door and have dinner there.

Stay tuned!

No comments: