Thursday, October 23, 2008

Traditions

From the time we were little kids, our parents teach us about traditions either directly or indirectly. Most of them are by celebrating Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and other familial holidays. Others arise from trying funfilled activities or structuring our lives. I wonder how many families set out with activities designed to become traditions? Probably the best ones have happened by accident.

My best friend Pat has a tradition that she shares with us. When she and Maynard and the 3 kids moved south to NC about 20 years ago, she left behind wonderful friends. She and Kathy planned to meet in Williamsburg for a weekend as a way of staying in touch. Both Pat and Kathy bring other friends and I have been lucky enough to be included in this tradition. We even plan next years' weekend and make reservations when we check out. I wonder if Pat and Kathy intended this to become a tradition?

As I was packing, I realized what I am grateful for:

1) ziploc bags............they come in all size and make packing a breeze.
2) AAA travel services...............a wonderful way to get a disabled car somewhere to get it fixed.
3) Vera Bradley luggage.....makes it easy to pack!

Off to Williamsburg, Va tomorrow with my daughter and a bunch of fun women!

No comments: