Sunday, September 14, 2008

A very BUSY Sunday!

Usually our Sundays are sort of lazy, catching up and finishing Saturday chores and relaxing for the week ahead. But, yesterday was busy and we didn't get the usual stuff done. We met a friend of Jim's at SouthPoint Mall so we had to do catchup today.

I did lounge around on the couch drinking coffee until about 10:30. Then I got on my Wii Fit and did about 35 minutes. Yaya it is so much fun! I unloaded the dishwasher and put 12 wine bottles into hot water to soak off the labels. I worked with the wine bottles I bottled last weekend by dipping the tops in boiling water to get a shrink wrap cork topper on there. You know that wrapper thing you gotta take off before you get the cork out!!

Then I got on my running shoes and ran/walked 2.5 miles but before I headed out the door, I started a load of laundry. I stopped to pick up trash at road. Funny thing..........there was a brand new trash bag there so I used it to collect the trash and then my husband turned the corner headed to the trash dump and I flagged him down to take an extra bag of trash! Such good timing!

When I got home, I put the laundry in the dryer and started another load and finished the 1st load of wine bottle washing. Then I made an oriental chicken salad for Cleo's baby shower tomorrow, cleaned up the kitchen and then took labels off 18 more wine bottles. That is hard work actually but I hate buying new ones and love to recycle. My friends are so nice to save their wine bottles for me anyway.

Then Jim and I took our bikes into town an rode around in a friend's neighborhood. Then we did our usual Sunday evening ritual of stopping at Carolina Brewery for a beer (or two) and we shared a turkey bacon wrap. This time we splurged and got dessert.........creole bread pudding...........whoa! I think I suddenly replaced all of the calories I ran/walked/biked/wii fitted off for the day in one simple dish. But we enjoyed it!

On home we went and Jim mentioned that the grass needed mowing but I had planned to go grocery shopping as the pantry and fridge was bare so I told him that he had a choice...........either grocery shop or mow the grass. I wasn't surpised when he chose to do the grass.

After the groceries were put away, we folded 2 loads of clean laundry and Sara came by for her Arbonne order, Jim and I pulled my hair through the highlighting cap and then I applied the color. Thirty minutes later, a nice deserved and needed shower and a nice color job. Just trying to blend in the grey!

So here it is almost 10:30 pm and I just sat down. There is only one problem..................6 am Monday morning is just around the corner! But the bright spot is that it's only a 4 day week. Jenni and I have a girls' weekend at our beach house with her college roommate and her mom next weekend. Whoooohoooo another weekend of shopping, eating, drinking, lazing and I am sure a lot of girl talk!!

No comments: