Saturday, September 13, 2008

Menopause the Musical


Three of my very best friends and I had a night out on Thursday night to see the hilariously funny musical called Menopause the Musical at the Carolina Theatre in Durham. We left work together in Jean's minivan (yeah............grandmas own minivans!) and ate dinner at Nosh and fought all the crazy traffic to get a parking spot int the deck. It was hilarious! Very few men in the crowd and I almost wanted to ask one of them how they "survived?"

The music was all of the good stuff we know with the lyrics changed to things like hot flashes, personal summers, brain fog, depression, night sweats, wrinkles, weight gain (in the middle) and reclaiming your life and being who you have become! The actors and their characters were awesome and real.............only one skinny cute girl!


I am thinking of buying the musical CD so I can sing along in the car on the way to work and get geared up for the day. The tunes were very familiar: Chain of Fools, The Lion Sleeps Tonight, New Attitude, Stayin Alive, YMCA, Help Me Rhonda, Wishin and Hopin, The Great Pretender, are just a few to mention.

I got home late but we had so much fun that the four of us have planned to do something like this every month. Durham has done a great job of revitalizing the downtown area and I have have been gone so long (we moved to Pittsboro in 1996!) that there are so many places I need to check out! But then, put 4 women together (all over age 50) and we can make fun of just about anything!

No comments: