Sunday, April 26, 2009

Black faced Squirrels



Jim and I were riding our bikes through new neighborhood behind our development at the beach, when a golf cart passed us, then suddenly startled us by making a U-turn, almost causing us to run into each other. He wasn't a serial killer coming to get us, but a nature lover pointing out a squirrel with a black face. I guess we had never paid attention to one or thought it was a raccoon since it was a little bigger than the average grey squirrels we see in North Carolina. We biked home to grab the camera and go back to hopefully find him and get a picture.

Before we even got back t o the same spot, we found two more playing in the road and eventually on the trees. They even let me get pretty close to snap a few pictures. I was almost scared he would run after me! The neighbors say they wait at the golf course for crackers!

No comments: