Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dusting Off the Treadmill!

I really don't enjoy running on the treadmill :(

But, I need to do more running and it's cold, it gets dark early and I want to run another half marathon in May! Add to that I am recovering from an ongoing foot/heel injury and just need to work through it.

I ran about 3 miles on the American Tobacco Trail with Jenni yesterday and realized how I have really missed those long runs with her. I couldn't keep up with her and need to get back to my same level of fitness.

So the goal for today is to get it to a place in my house where it can sit without me having to fold it out everytime I use it and then fold it back up. Put it in a place where it is out of the way of everyday life, yet highly accessible. The holidays are over, so I won't be entertaining anytime soon so I think the living room/dining room area fits the bill. If family comes over, they will just have to overlook or step around it.

The goal for next week, 3 nights of run/walking for 30 minutes and I'll do my long runs outside on the weekends and at the beach!

Divas, here I come!

1 comment:

Miche said...

I loathe the treadmill as well!