Saturday, September 26, 2009

Gel Nails!

Those of you who know me, know that I am NOT a prissy girl! I am a bit of a Tom-Boy, out running and training for my half-marathon (it’s on my bucket list!), riding my bike, painting a room here and there; but I do like to look nice. At least I try! I like nice but comfy casual clothes and I don’t spent a whole lot of money on my hair. Guess you can tell, huh? A few years ago, I started going to a salon and spent about an hour and a half and $$$$$ later for cut, color, highlighting and style. Although my friends said it looked good, they didn’t think it looked much better than when I did it myself! Oh well, back to Great Clips and a bottle of color!

So now my new beauty thing is gel nails! I have never had pretty nails and I always kept them short so as not to draw attention to them. They are thin and uneven where the nail extends past the nail bed. By the way, that is called the hyponychium. I googled it to be sure!

My best friend opened a spa in Pittsboro, Spa at Bell House and I have a monthly membership that allows me a spa treatment every month………for a fee. I have had massages, facials, foot reflexology and last month I tried gel nails. I have had acrylic nails before with tips and ended up removing them shortly after the “event.” They just felt weird, like I had something stuck on my fingers. The gel nails are different. They feel normal, natural and supposedly are better for you than acrylic. I am enjoying them and keep splaying out my hand and fingers and admiring them!

We’ll see how long I keep it up!

No comments: