Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Book Club Meeting.......................without a name!

A good boy scout mom friend of mine started a book club and invited me back in February (I think), but we haven't been able to come up with a good name for our fun and lovely group!

We met at my house last night and reviewed "The Art of Racing in the Rain" which was a really good book. It seems that we usually meet at least 2 hours and spend about 45 minutes to an hour discussing the book. The other time is spent catching up with life and drinking wine and enjoying a yummy dessert. We are a group of 10 with different connections and careers but enjoy reading and sharing thoughts. I feel this has given me the opportunity to make new friends since Karen was the only one I knew. Now Joyce and I have become close friends due to our love of running! Karen and Joyce and I follow each others blogs and then I found out that Cathy is a blogger too!

My hubby was the photographer for us last night along with chief wine bottle opener!

Next month we will be discussing "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" at Gretchen's house.
There's the back of my head and then from left; Cathy, Lindy, Charlee, Gretchen (scratching my kitty cat) and Karen.


Here's a picture with the other two, Joyce and Luann.

1 comment:

Joyce Mineer said...

Great photogs!!! Yeah (and thanks) Jim!!! Oh, and GREAT job, too, on keeping the bottles open and the wine flowing - YUMMERS!!