Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Days are getting Longer

I actually think that Dec 21st is the best day of the year. It's not only because of Christmas, but it's the shortest day of the year. That in itself makes me sad, but I know that the days will be getting LONGER and not SHORTER!

I really hate driving to work in barely morning light and walking to my car in the dark and driving home as it gets darker and darker. But now it is noticeably lighter. It's almost daylight when I get up. And now I am home BEFORE it gets dark. It's almost to the point where I could rush home and manage to get in a quick 1 or 2 mile run before dinner. I've been waiting for this day all winter. Plus I need to get cracking...........the Cooper River Bridge Run is a little over 6 weeks away. It's a 10K and my dad will surely give me a run for the money and he is 83!

Yay for longer days; I feel the SAD leaving!

No comments: